Welcome to
PaddleAndOar.com
Resources for the amateur boat builder


Home
Builder's Notebook
Tools 'o' the Trade



Building a Morris Recovery Kayak

[May 3, 2007]

recovery_frame_image


This is what the stern ALMOST became. My eye said that this would make the bow dig in too much. So I changed it and it is now about half as high. After taking it out for the saran wrap test I think I made the right decision.
recovery_frame_image
This is the final version. Notice the stringers attached. I didn't HAVE to do it this way. I just did. In order to do it this way I had to scarph joint the chines. I like to experiment on my boats. It's how I learn and anyway, there will be plenty of future boats to do things "right".


1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9




copyright 2004 - 2016, PaddleAndOar.com
paul@paddleandoar.com